The Class Reps system is one that is in operation in many primary schools. Our take on it at West Wimbledon, has been to bring together a group of committed parents to:
- Support their children’s class, teacher and the other parents in getting to know each other,
- Improve communication from the School to parents and between parents,
- As well as better integrating parent contributions to school activities and social events.
Whilst each individual will tackle the role differently, some of the key task will include:
- Communicating regularly with parents, to ensure that parents are aware of important activities and issues affecting the School;
- Providing feedback to the class teacher/Headteacher on general questions, issues or concerns raised by parents;
- Create and maintaining a class contact list and emergency cascade system, that works for that class;
- Reading the School website/Newsletter, Bulletins and Twitter feeds to be aware of what is happening in the School and what other parents need to know;
- Assisting the Friends of West Wimbledon (FOWW) in their fundraising events, by ensuring that each class contributes: e.g. filling rota slots at School fairs, selling event/ raffle tickets, etc.;
- Passing on teacher and FOWW notices to the class’s parents;
- Helping get other volunteers;
- Arranging social events for the class, teachers’ presents, etc..
The current “Job Description” may be viewed here.